Behavioral Health Respite – Time for a Break?
- Respite is available to families who have children or youth with significant behavioral, emotional or mental health issues.
- Childhaven Respite Staff assist the child/ youth in developing social and emotional skills.
- Staff and caregivers work together to develop a behavior management plan for the child or youth.
- Respite care is not a therapeutic service, but referrals for therapy or other appropriate services are available at Childhaven.
- A regular weekly schedule is required and dependent on the severity needs of the individual child/youth.
- A recent mental health assessment is required to determine eligibility.